Position Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources this position provides human resources coordination and support activities for corporate team. In addition to data entry, filing and scheduling, duties may include onboarding of new personnel, coordination of meetings and conferences for Director of HR, processing reports for hr department, and aid employees with hr related inquiries. Ability to maintain and assemble highly confidential and sensitive information is required. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Extensive software skills, Internet research abilities and strong written and oral communication skills are required.
Essential Functions (List the functions associated with this role)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality on business operations and personnel matters
- Compliantly hire employees and maintain personnel files including direct care staff credentials and employment status following all Federal, State, and Local laws, regulations and standards, as well as communicating updates to the office.
- Conduct necessary background checks, employment references, and conduct initial screening of applicants.
- Assist organization in recruiting efforts, screening candidates, incident/grievance reports.
- Build and maintain relationships with junior staff, directors and VP’s with a focus on customer service.
- Oversees administration of company uniform program, including sizing, issuance of uniforms, timely return of uniforms, assistance with replacements, and maintaining all paper and electronic files associated with the program
- Creates and maintains employee personnel, medical, and benefit files; maintains branch I-9 files in accordance with company policies and legal
- Assists Corporate Human Resources with the annual open enrollment process; provides first-line answers to benefit related questions, or working with Corporate benefits to identify answers for employees
- Conduct weekly audits of HRIS system and benefit programs to ensure compliance.
- Schedule and track new hire on boarding, track personnel documents and annual trainings/ reviews.
- Communicate medical/dental benefit eligibility and initiate enrollment/waiver paperwork.
- Conduct duties including but not limited to, recording and submission of weekly meeting minutes, HR report, submission of worker’s compensation claims, complete employment verifications, creation and distribution of human resources monthly newsletter.
- Provides information for employment verification upon receipt of signed disclosure.
- Provide general support to visitors and route all incoming and outgoing mail for all departments
- Other duties as administered by Director of Human Resources
Required skills & experience:
- Bachelors’ degree required in related field and at least 3 years proven human resources experience. A combination of experience and post-secondary education will be considered
- Knowledge of office management systems, equipment and procedures to include ADP and benefit tracking systems
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to organize and clearly communicate thoughts and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Extremely flexible and willingness to do anything in a start-up organization
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: ADP experience a plus
Supervisor: Director of Human Resources
Location: 1920 L Street NW Suite #535; Washington, DC 20036
Essential hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with occasional nights and weekends