Position Title: GIS Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
Role: At Measure, we provide high quality, actionable data collected by drones. We are looking for a motivated individual to assist our Data Engineering department in the processing, analyzing and delivery of that data to our customers. We have an immediate need for an entry- to mid-level GIS Analyst to support our efforts in several industry verticals, particularly the power utility industry.
The GIS Analyst assists with the day-to-day operations within Data Engineering. S/he is responsible for the timely production and delivery of the data collected and for ensuring its quality and accuracy. S/he also works with various business units within Measure (Sales, Flight Operations) to determine appropriate flight plans and workflows for data collection.
Come be a part of our growing team and join us as we lead the way in a new industry!
- Work with our existing customers and partners to ensure Measure is providing a premium, innovative drone-based service and data product
- Create new data workflows and evaluate existing ones for improvement
- Process UAV data using various desktop and cloud-based software as determined by department
- Create both static and web-based maps from data for client delivery
- Research data collection methodology for existing and new use cases
- Other duties as administered
Required skills & experience:
- Knowledge of remote sensing techniques and methodology
- Strong proficiency in Esri ArcGIS 10.3 or higher
- Ability to think critically and solve problems creatively
- Willingness to take initiative and to work as a team player
- Interest in drone technology
Flexibility in the face of obstacles and a sense of humor
- Experience using geospatial data in the power utility sector
- Working proficiency with UAV photogrammetry software
- Working proficiency with Erdas Imagine and Harris ENVI
- Experience working with ArcGIS Server and enterprise database systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Geography or related degree with a focus in GIS with 1+ years of related experience
Supervisor: Director of Data Engineering
Location: Washington, DC or Atlanta
Travel: Approximately 20%
Essential hours: M-F, 9-5
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.