Position: Drone Operator
We are seeking responsible aviation professionals who can exercise sound judgment and flight discipline operating our rapidly growing drone fleet in the United States and beyond. The ideal candidate must have a hands on approach, be willing to work in small teams and travel to any location that our clients desire.
- Expected to conduct pre-mission planning with Measure’s clients in a professional and courteous manner and serve as the face of the company on the ground.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the capabilities, limitations, sensor payloads and data processing that the operator is qualified in type.
- Develop flight plans, check NOTAMS, check weather and coordinate airspace integration with any affected controlling agencies or privately owned properties.
- Facilitate pre-mission briefs, complete safety risk assessment prior to flight and after action reviews upon post-flight.
- Perform limited UAS and ground support equipment troubleshooting.
- Solve problems on the ground in real-time and deliver acquired data in a timely manner to the customer.
- Follow all conditions and limitations granted in Measure’s 333 Exemption from the FAA.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures in Measure’s Air Operations Manual.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate.
- Hold or be able to obtain a current FAA airman medical certificate.
- Current pilot and UAS logs required and should be included in resume.
- Possess a minimum of 500 hours of pilot in command time (PIC) of manned aircraft or substituted with UAS flight time.
- Knowledge of civilian airspace and aeronautical charts.
- Ability to manage small teams and/or work independently.
- Willingness to travel 3-4 months every year.
- Current SECRET or higher level clearance preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Unquestionable ethics and commitment to excellence
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility in the face of obstacles and a sense of humor.
Interested Applicants: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Measure is the world’s leading Drone as a Service® company. We provide turnkey solutions to acquire, process, and deliver cost-effective, actionable aerial data to enterprise customers. We don’t make drones. We make drones work.