Position Title: CAD/BIM Analyst
Job Type: Full-time
Drones (or UAVs) are quickly becoming a vital part of the visualization of construction data. By incorporating drone captured data in design and visualization software, companies can make better construction and resource management decisions, update stakeholders on progress, and visualize projects in totally new ways. Measure is a leading provider of operating drones for commercial enterprises. We focus on delivering high quality and accurate data in several industry verticals, working with customers to understand the ROI of using drones to collect and deliver data.
Role: The CAD/BIM Analyst will work primarily with Measure’s Data Engineering department and Measure’s industry verticals including Construction, Wireless, and Special Projects. Duties will include creating data products from imagery collected by drones, software evaluation and assistance with workflow development.
- Evaluate CAD/BIM software for use with drone data
- Process drone data using various desktop and cloud based software
- Develop workflows and business processes for integrating drone data with CAD/BIM software
- Research drone data collection methodology for existing and new use cases
- Other duties as administered
Required skills & experience:
- 1-2 years’ professional experience with CAD and BIM software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit, Navisworks, and Microstation
- Knowledge and working proficiency of Virtual, Design & Construction techniques and methodology required
- Knowledge of survey techniques and methodology desired but not required
- Ability to think critically and solve problems creatively
- Desire to learn about a new industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Four-year degree in Architecture, Engineering or a construction related curriculum.
Supervisor: Director of Data Engineering
Location: 1920 L Street NW, Suite 535, Washington, DC 20036
Essential hours: M-F, 9-5
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this role. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between Measure, Inc. and its employees.